IDFC Alternatives is India's Leading Multi-Asset Class Investment Manager
IDFC Alternatives is IDFC's alternative asset management vertical and manages over USD 3.4 billion on behalf of leading institutional investors from across the world.
With three distinct asset classes - private equity, infrastructure equity and real estate - IDFC Alternatives offers investors a range of risk-return profiles.
Since IDFC Alternatives' first private equity fund was launched in 2002, IDFC Alternatives has expanded its alternative asset portfolio to include a total of three private equity funds, two infrastructure equity funds and one domestic real estate fund. We are the partner of choice for our investors globally and for our portfolio companies in India.
The Infrastructure team of IDFC Alternatives has USD 1.8 billion under management comprising USD 927 million India Infrastructure Fund (“IIF”), and India Infrastructure Fund II (“IIF 2”) with a fund size of about $900 Million.
Our focus is on assets that provide regular distributions and capital appreciation. We seek to achieve attractive risk-adjusted returns over the long term by investing in a diversified portfolio of infrastructure assets/companies in India.
To deliver long term and steady returns, we target infrastructure assets, concessions and contracts which exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
- Underlying concessions, assets or contracts driving inflation adjusted cash flows to shareholders;
- Predictable and sustained revenues with value appreciation over the long term;
- Predictable maintenance and capital expenditure requirements;
- Regulated essential services;
- Reasonable entry barriers;
- Monopolistic characteristics; and
- Lower exposure to technology risk.